Springtime mental ramblings today include that
1.Cats are, in the pet category, the equivalent of slow food in the cooking category. I looked at my cats lounging in the sunshine this morning and laughed.
2. I like slow food. My idea of fast food is jars of venison you shot, butchered and canned last fall. Now supper is quick because you did all the work earlier. Another of my fav fast foods is a boiled dinner. You get a pot going and dump in potatoes, carrot slices, onion, meat, and let it all simmer while you do something else.
3.Picked my first bouquet of wildflowers for this spring last night, and a couple of mushrooms and brought them home. Cooked the mushrooms along with some leeks, potatoes and bacon into a soup supper and the wildflowers are on the ledge in the kitchen reminding me of that fun tromp in the woods.
4.Rearranged and refreshed the Easter bouquet which was starting to look a bit bedraggled at my shut in friend’s home. When I took the bouquet apart I discovered that the roses were droopy and dried but the sticks below them were starting to grow!
5. I brought the rose sprouts home and I’m wondering if they’ll turn into small rose buses.
6. My baby chicks are sprouting feathers and starting to be crowded in their box on top of the woods stove.
8. Stood in the henhouse yesterday and waiting for a chicken to lay an egg so I could watch but the three who were threatening to lay were too bashful and skittish so I gave up.
9. My peas are still not planted. This is late for me to still not have them in the ground but the garden was semi flooded until the last couple of days.
10. I neeeed to get the maple syruping equipment all cleaned, organized and put away.
11. Financial aid paperwork and bills are beckoning me from the table. Did I ever mention how much I dislike paperwork?!!!
12. I finally wrote back to my little grandson who shared some of his dinnosaur stickers with me and Grandpapa by sending a page of them stuck all over it .
13. I need to send mother’s day cards and my daughter’s birthday card. Why do I procrastinate about these things? I think it’s out of a sense of perfectionism gone crazy. Where did that even come from?
14. Thawed cherries are sitting in the kitchen waiting for their turn. They will become either a pie, cake or something for dessert tonight!!
15.Sunshine!!!!! on my floor and walls makes me happy!! I love sitting and walking in the sunshine!